Members of the global HIV community convened in Melbourne, Australia for 20th International AIDS Conference (IAC) 2014 from Sunday, July 20-25, 2014. We extend our condolences to the loved ones of all those on board Malaysia Flight 17.
- Learn more on the AIDS2014 website
- Read our blog post about how to Follow #AIDS2014
- Read our other AIDS 2014 coverage.
Watch video highlights from the conference.
Injection drug use accounts for approximately 10% of new HIV cases annually. In addition, the use of alcohol and drugs can impair your judgment and affect your ability to make safe choices, putting you at greater risk for HIV.
To learn more, see our updated page on Substance Abuse/Use and HIV.
Read our related blog posts
National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day (NHAAAD) is observed each year on September 18.
Want to get involved in this observance? Use and share the resources on our awareness day page.
Use the hashtag #NHAAAD to share about how you’re observing NHAAAD.
CDC’s Division of Viral Hepatitis recently debuted new video Public Service Announcements (PSAs) as part of the Know Hepatitis B campaign. The new PSAs, “Protect Your Family: Get Tested for Hepatitis B,” are available in English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese and Korean.
- View the video
On July 15, 2014, to mark the fourth anniversary of the signing of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy:
- The White House released a new NHAS fact sheet, Progress on Four Years of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy. Read the Fact Sheet »
- The U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division released a new Best Practices Guide to Reform HIV-Specific Criminal Laws to Align with Scientifically-Supported Factors. Read the Guide »
- HHS announces availability of $11 million to better integrate HIV services into community health centers. Read the press release »
Learn about how HIV is spread and how to protect yourself.
See more HIV/AIDS Basics >
See how the Dept. of Health and Human Services is engaged in the response to the epidemic.
See more Federal Resources >
Learn more about National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day here...
Learn more about National Latino AIDS Awareness Day here...