AIDS and Infectious Disease Conferences: Non-Federal
U.S. Conference on AIDS (USCA)
October 2-5, 2014
San Diego, CA
USCA is the largest AIDS-related gathering in the U.S., bringing together thousands of workers from all fronts of the HIV/AIDS epidemic to build national support networks, exchange the latest information and learn cutting-edge tools to address the challenges of HIV/AIDS. The sponsor is the National Minority AIDS Council.
Follow the conference with #USCA2014 and see the agenda here.
Sign up here to give feedback to AIDS.gov on an upcoming storytelling project.
Learn about conference registration here.
Association of Nurses in AIDS Care 2014
November 6-8, 2014
This 27th annual conference will be an opportunity for new nurses as well as experienced clinicians and researchers to address and learn about HIV nursing issues. Learn about registration and the conference here.
New Media and Other Conferences
American Public Health Association (APHA) 2014
November 15-19, 2014
New Orleans, LA
The American Public Health Association’s Annual Meeting and Exposition’s 2014 theme is “Healthography: How where you live affects your health and well-being.” Registration will open on June 3, 2014. Learn more about registration here.
2014 International Symposium on Minority Health & Health Disparities
December 1-3, 2014
National Harbor, MD
This conference is sponsored by the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities, National Institutes of Health, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This year’s theme is: “Transdisciplinary Collaborations: Evolving Dimensions of US and Global Health Equity.” Learn about registration here.
The AIDS.gov blog includes posts about recent Federally supported conferences, and new media and health conferences. For more information, subscribe to the AIDS.gov blog and read our conference posts. Click the links below to view selected "Conversations with AIDS.gov" videos from these conferences:
20th International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2014)
July 20-25, 2014
Dr. Carl Dieffenbach, Director of the Division of AIDS at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), NIH, provided AIDS.gov with daily dispatches from the conference. Each post below includes a video.
- Dr. Dieffenbach shares Highlights from Thursday at AIDS 2014
- NIH’s Dr.Dieffenbach’s Science Highlight from Second Day of AIDS 2014
- NIH’s Dr. Dieffenbach Shares a Highlight from Day 3 on Making Better, Smarter Investments to Achieve AIDS-Free Generation
- Highlights from Wednesday at AIDS 2014
- NIH’s Dr.Dieffenbach Looks Ahead to Key Topics to be Explored at AIDS 2014
Click here for a playlist with additional AIDS.gov videos filmed at AIDS 2014.
2014 Conference on Retroviral and Opportunistic Infections (CROI)
March 3 – 6, 2014
AIDS.gov provided the following blog posts during CROI 2014. Each includes a video.
- NIH’s Dr. Carl Dieffenbach Shares Highlights from CROI 2014 – March 4
- Dr. Dieffenbach Shares Highlights from CROI 2014 – March 5
- Conversations with AIDS.gov: CDC’s Dr. Jonathan Mermin
- Scientific Advances on the HIV Care Continuum Presented at CROI
- PrEP Topics Examined at CROI
- Final Highlights from CROI 2014
Click here for a playlist of AIDS.gov videos filmed at CROI 2014.